AJ Julka, MD
Hand,Wrist, and Elbow Surgeon
About Dr. Julka
Dr. Julka is a board certified fellowship trained Orthopedic surgeon with JIS Orthopedics that specializes in hand, wrist and elbow surgery. He is dedicated to a personalized approach to patient care. He aims to provide every patient with time and attention they deserve while also providing the most innovative and minimally invasive approach to their care.
Dr. Julka has extensive experience in primary as well as revision surgical procedures. He has spent years developing minimally invasive approaches to procedures and early recovery pathways to allow his patients to return to their normal lives as soon as possible.
As of 2022 Dr Julka has performed over 5000 surgeries on the hand, wrist and elbow. He has been the recipient of two consecutive Ozagaki teaching awards for surgical teaching. He has published numerous book chapters, surgical technique videos and scientific papers in peer reviewed journals.
In our practice above all other accolades or awards are the positive experiences of our patients. Dr. Julka in his over 300 five star patient reviews, more than any hand surgeon in Ohio.
- Associate Professor Orthopedic Surgery, JIS Orthopedics, 2021-Current
- Associate Professor Orthopedic Surgery, Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, 2017-2121
- Assistant Professor Orthopedic Surgery University of Wisconsin Hospitals, 2014-2017
- Board certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship 2014-2015
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals 2008-2013
- M.D. Ohio State University Medical School Magna Cum Laude 2004-2008
- B.S. Med Microbiology and Immunology University of Wisconsin 2004-2008